Earlier this year Phantom Troublemaker became quite taken with the idea of Record Store Day.
If you don’t know, Record Store Day was started by a group of independent store owners as a way to draw attention to independent shops and create hype around the hobby of record collecting. For more information visit the website:
We’re doing things a little backwards, as the actual Record Store Day occurs in April. The subject of today’s episode is Black Friday and what special Record Store Day releases will be hitting then. That’s why, just a few days from the event, Phantom Troublemaker recruited local expert Joel Brody to talk about the event, the releases, and music in general. Listen in and learn about this great event!
Here are Phantom’s picks for this Friday’s releases:
- Dead Milkmen – Big Lizard in My Backyard – 12” inch vinyl – 2900
- Fishbone – Truth and Soul – 12” vinyl – 2900 cherry red/100 green
- Mastodon – The Motherload – 12” picture disc w/ B-side of “Halloween” – 5000
- Outkast – Player’s Ball – 10” vinyl – 5000 translucent green
- Run DMC – Christmas in Hollis – 7” vinyl w/audible postcard – 2000
- They Might Be Giants – Flood – 12” vinyl – 2900 translucent green/100 yellow
- Wu-Tang Clan – C.R.E.A.M. – 10” die-cut vinyl – 5500
- Faith No More – Motherfucker – 7” vinyl – run not specified
- Soundtrack – Guardians of the Galaxy – cassette – run not specified
This is a tiny sampling of the awesome collectible records (and cassette) that will be available this Friday at your local independent record store. For the full list go here and to find a store near you go here.
Phantom and the rest of the Needless Things crew will be visiting Joel at his home base at CD Warehouse on Pleasant Hill Road in Duluth, GA. Check
them out here.
Not all participating stores will be carrying all releases, so be sure to contact your local stores between now and then to find out who is
Procrastibate” by LeSexoflex.com
The Maestro” by The Beastie Boys